Happy New Year!

We spent New Year's Eve with David's friends near Washington Square Park. Very nice as usual. I wore as many new clothes and jewelry as possible, with the exception of the Habitual jeans David gave me for my birthday. Poor David was fighting a big headache, which we hope is not from possible leaking gas in our apartment...! But most likely is from the chili he made and ate.

Today I'm moving very slowly from the results of the bottle of verrrry good white wine I was fortunate enough to drink (yes, the whole bottle). David and I have had our first set of backgammon games of the year, of which he won the first round and none after (haha!). But now we're keeping score, and I normally lose quite a bit, so now we will seem to have a paper trail of it all. We took down the tree, and I'll probably write thank you notes (although I've already received quite a few, so I guess I'm late). I've got current favorite Kate Rusby on the stereo, and I might either finish a missing area of a little watercolor I painted of a postcard from a French field of sunflowers, and/or will make dinner.

Happy New Year!