The Fashion Designer Survival Guide

Check out The Fashion Designer's Survival Guide by Mary Gelhar and a forward by Zac Posen, with chapters by many different people in the field. It's the insider's guide to starting a fashion design label. I've ordered it and can't wait for it to come...I need it! It covers tons of areas that I otherwise discover via sneak attacks, so this will help me remain sane as I develop katie james. It's hard to do this as a one-woman show who is pressed for time, especially a one-woman show with no background in fashion design expect for a few classes at FIT and a life with a mother who reps high end clothing lines and is obsessed with boutiques.




I've already bought and read parts of Trademarking and Copyrighting for Dummies, which was a BIG help. Now I'm ready for a juicy fashion survival guide!